Royal Stamp Blog
With the growing trend of 'green' products, many businesses and individuals are looking for products that can fulfill their needs while shrinking their carbon footprint. With this in mind, we have recently released a line of customizable bamboo products. Bamboo is both versatile and sustainable because of its ability to grow incredibly fast, its strength and its contribution to improving air quality.
All of our bamboo products can be personalized with a name, logo, quote or any number of designs. So whether you are looking for gifts for your bridal party, corporate giveaways or a natural and modern look for a recognition or donor wall, we can help! Stop by our showroom at 10633-109 St. to have a look at our bamboo display, or call us at 780-426-4676 or toll free 1-800-272-8859 for enquiries.
We blogged previously that there were changes coming for Commissioner for Oaths stamps. It has been confirmed that the Notaries and Commissioner Act will be proclaimed in force on April 30, 2015.
The Act states, in part:
Name and expiry date
17(1) A commissioner for oaths shall, on each document that the commissioner for oaths signs in that capacity, legibly print, or stamp in legible printing, next to the commissioner for oaths’ signature,
(a) the commissioner for oaths’ name,
(b) the words “A Commissioner for Oaths in and for Alberta”,
(c) if appointed under section 15, the date on which the commissioner for oaths’ appointment expires, and
(d) if the commissioner for oaths is acting by virtue of an office or status referred to in section 16(1) or (2), the office or status that applies to the commissioner for oaths.
17(2) A commissioner for oaths who fails to comply with this section is guilty of an offence and liable to a fine of not more than $1000.
Based on the new information we contacted Alberta Justice and submitted 2 versions of the text which were approved.
The new approved text for Commissioner for Oaths stamps will be:
A Commissioner for Oaths
in and for Alberta
My Commission expires January 1, 2017
You can choose to leave the last 2 digits of the year off and fill it in yourself so your stamp would then look like this:
A Commissioner for Oaths
in and for Alberta
My Commission expires April 2, 20__
There are no size or layout requirements so if you prefer the stamp to be all on 1 line you could. Our online store has updated templates to reflect the new wording requirements. These templates will automatically appear when ordering a Trodat 4911, 4912 or 4913 self inking stamp.
The Law Society of Alberta has a more in depth post about the new Act on their website.
Have thousands of documents to seal? Royal's heavy duty electric embosser is the perfect machine for the job. The embosser features a patented direct drive with only two internal moving parts and comes standard with extra durable brass die and exclusive alloy counter die for the longest lasting impressions.
- available with forensic impression identity
- limited 2 year or 200k impression warranty
- life expectancy of over 700k cycles
- removes any chance of hand stress injury
- impression depth of 1 ½" OC from paper's edge
- alloy counter foils possibility of damage from staples and/or paper clips
- multiple sheet or thick paper design available
- choose paper insert direction (from bottom, left, right or top)
- fast, quick-touch button activation
- 110-120 V
- 13 lbs.
Our heavy duty electric embossers are also available in a long reach format that can leave an impression up to 4" OC from paper's edge.
Call today for a quote! In Edmonton (780) 426-4676 Toll Free 1-800-272-8859
Follow us on Twitter for specials, contests and more!
Mother Nature has been playing tricks with us in regards to the weather lately in Edmonton as we have had some really warm days (+8 in February!) followed by some really cold days. Our thoughts have turned to spring even though we likely have a couple more weeks of the white stuff still to come.
As we get closer to spring and summer, wedding stamp orders start to trickle in so a post on the different types of wedding stamps that we make seems timely. Couples order address stamps for their wedding envelopes, custom designed stamps for invitations, signature stamps, and thank you card stamps.
All of our stamps are made to order so your stamp will be customized to your needs. Some people choose a simple font and design for clarity while others opt for a very unique design.
One of the most memorable wedding stamp orders we have processed was a design to resemble tree bark with a heart and initials “carved” into it (as seen below).
The stamp was designed by Andre Lemay and we received permission to reproduce it. The couple was going for a DIY feel to the stamp. Our favorite element to the design was the blank spot (the knot in the wood) in the base design so that a second stamp could be used in that area that would house the date, time and any other important information. This design also allowed them to have a second color in the invitations.
Some other popular wedding stamps include:
· Address stamps (for return address on envelopes)
· Signature stamps (if you’ve ever signed 300 thank-you cards, you’ll understand why)
· Save the date stamps (get creative with your save the dates)
· Signature seals (rubber stamp version or paper embosser pictured below)
As you can see from our post on Holiday Stamps we can reproduce some very fine detailed artwork.
Here are some tips that will help produce the best possible wedding stamp:
1) Crisp, clear, black and white (no gradient) vector artwork will produce the best results.
2) Keep the number of fonts to a minimum. We recommend that you do not use more than 2 different fonts so that the design is easy to read.
3) Let us know how you intend to use the stamp. What are you stamping? What type of ink do you want to use?
4) Although we can make very large stamps, be mindful that larger stamps will take more effort to imprint well. Many people are OK with this because they are looking for an “imperfect” impression.
We make all of our stamps in house so the turnaround time is about 24 hours after the proof is approved. Rush jobs are available at additional cost. This is perfect if you have waited till the last minute to have your invitations done. As always, we love a challenge so bring on the Bridezillas!
Did you know that you can change the die on a Trodat self inking stamp? We do this for many of our customers so they can reuse a unit when an employee name needs to be changed, a new account code needs to be used and many other reasons. It will save you the cost of buying a whole new unit and the process is very simple.
A picture is worth a thousand words so we've created a slideshow to illustrate the steps. For your convenience we have also written out the steps below. Contact us as 780.426.4676 to order your replacement dies.
How to change the die on your Trodat self inking stamp - Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspires
1. Remove the ink pad and stamp a few times to remove the excess ink from the die.
2. Flip the stamp upside down and note the orientation of the letters on the die.
3. Lift up a corner of the die using a thin flat tool. We use an exacto knife (use knife safety!). A pen or ruler also works well.
4. Remove the rest of the die with your fingers.
5. Peel back the double sided tape on the replacement die.
6. Center the die on the bottom of the stamp in the same orientation as the previous die. You may need to use a new ink pad if the die has left a permanent indentation on the ink pad.
7. You can change the graphic at the top of the stamp by prying open the cover with a pen or your fingernail and then replace the piece of paper with an updated imprint.